GodSpear.blogspot.com

Where Creativity Is Inspired...

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Bloggie Wannabie...

Here it goes... yes this is my first *so compliment on the errors if found*. For those who are reading thisI'd advice you to close this web page now because it contains material poorly portraited therefore not suitable to be viewed by anyone, anyway I'll leave the LONG introduction crap for a different time cause I gotta make this short... exams tomorrow... heh.


Anyways heres a brief thing or two about me, I am Oscar and I am currently studying my foundations at Curtin University Sarawak. Bla bla bla...
Living at the hostels at Curtin University has given me a whole new prospect about life and all that and honestly I will always cherish it (moving out soon) but among the things I wouldn't like to cherish is definately the internet service provided. Too long and far have I endured slow internet speed not to say it crashes every now and then. But the WORST thing about it was the filter system the IT department provided. I find it absolutely ridiculus to having three quarters of the world wide web banned from you (well almost). Sure you say its to filter off the "extraordinary" materials and by that theres nothing wrong ; yes but you'll see what I mean :)

Here's an example:


oh a brief preview of my desktop...


*click* - abviously you'll expect a filter system intercepting the search.

aww... damn it!!


but one day when I was minding my own stuff reading kennysia.com this came up...


wtf... kenny sia and his balls got the boot from the filter system


Outraged I was for the last few remaining sites where I can get a good laugh has been blocked off. So I decided to test for myself if the filtering system was really working. After all kennysia.com was blocked off due to minor adult material like condoms and Kenny Sia's often brags about his coconut balls. So smart little me went off to google and did a little typing.


yes the one thing men like in common


Obviously my search ended up in vain when...


shiet...


Refusing defeat I then tried on with a different term - yes as gayish it may seem I entered the love handle onto the search engine.



Obviously I got the same dans guardian mojo again, then it finally struct me. What I've been learning over the year has to be put up to test, knowledge must be applied from the great institution of learning. So I thought back to both my critical thinking and research writing skills which pointed me in one direction - yes the great guru of knowledge once told me. Young padawan seek for multiple sources if thou wishes to pass your writing assignments and your final exam. Being shocked off my balls I obviously followed what the mahaguru had thought me... and this is what I came up with.


what? I'd come up with something fancier but this is all I've learned over the year...



HOLY COW this came out... nothing could have prepared my eyes for what I was about to see.


the horror that kept my eyes bleeding for the rest of the night


Okay first thing that blew my mind was that the Curtin filter system teaches us not to search for a single "objects" but multiple sources. Either way the filter system was a bull... blocking non offensive material while letting in plural verbs of offensive material... cutting edge filter system my ass. Rebel rebel rebel...

Alas after all the trouble it just hit me that why bother by passing the filtering system when you can get all the "entertainment" you need from your peers. Yes screw the filter system when you can just get what you want with a click or two on the local shared folders on the hostle network.


nabeh no need so trouble network lah~


And those were me glorious days at Curtin Sarawak... alas great times come and go but one thing we all got to do - look ever foward ( John Curtin). Amen Brudda~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home